Well Heeled Podiatry is legally obligated and committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles 2014 in the collection, use and disclosure of personal and medical information.
2. Collecting Information
Well Heeled Podiatry may collect and hold the following information:
- Personal contact information; including, but not limited to: name, date of birth, address, phone numbers, email address, and occupation.
- Sensitive information; including but not limited to: health information and medical records; referring general practitioner; private health insurer; pension, Medicare or DVA number; TAC or WorkCover details.
- Physical medical records, including digital, paper, photo, video, diagnostic and therapeutic reports and laboratory samples.
- Transaction details associated with services provided.
- Additional solicited information provided to us by the individual.
- Unsolicited information that complies with the principles of the Privacy Act.
- Information provided to us via client surveys, reviews or online facilities.
When we collect personal information from an individual, we will only collect information that is necessary for our services. We will ensure that it is done so in a fair and transparent manner; that is, the individual will be fully informed as to the use and storage of information within our practice. Our clients will be fully aware of the location of our services, and how to contact our practice.
Where an individual chooses not to provide requested information, we will advise that individual of potential limitations this non-disclosure may present. For example, withholding certain information may limit our ability to provide relevant services to individuals.
3. Use and Disclosure of Information
We will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. This means that personal information may be disclosed:
- For the purposes for which we have advised that we are collecting it, and for related purposes that the individual would reasonably expect.
- Where we have the consent of the individual to do so.
- As required by law; or safety reasons.
- Under other circumstances where permitted under the Act.
In the course of our business activities, we may need to disclose some of your personal information to relevant staff, treating specialist or others involved in your medical treatment.
4. Unauthorised Disclosure or Access
As Well Heeled Podiatry is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals, we will view unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal information by our employees or contractors, as a serious breach of this policy. Appropriate action (which may include disciplinary or legal action) will be taken in such cases.
5. Access to Personal Information
Individuals will be able to access their personal information upon written request to Well Heeled Podiatry. However, Well Heeled Podiatry may need to deny access to information, in accordance with the exemptions contained in the Privacy Act.
Well Heeled Podiatry reserves the right to charge a scheduled fee for searching, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
Personal information collected will be managed confidentially, securely and destroyed appropriately when no longer required and/or after all legal obligations to retain the information have expired.
We will monitor and implement appropriate technical advances or management processes, to safeguard personal information.
7. Data Quality
All reasonable steps to will be taken to ensure that the data we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date, and has been obtained directly from individuals or other reputable sources.
Individuals may request corrections to personal information we hold that is inaccurate or out-of-date. If a request to delete personal information is made, all reasonable steps will be taken to do so, unless the information must be retained for legal, auditing or internal business purposes.
8. Personal Information Exchanged with other Recipients, Including Those Overseas
Information collected will not be sold, passed on or disclose to marketing organisations, suppliers, commercial providers, or any other sources without consent and will not be disclosed to overseas recipients.
9. Privacy Inquires and Complaints
Complaints surrounding the handling of personal information must be reported to Well Heeled Podiatry. Breaches of privacy are taken seriously and responded to as a matter of priority.
Privacy related enquire’s or concerns can be directed to Well Heeled Podiatry’s contact details below:
362 Hampton Street, Hampton VIC 3188
Ph: (03) 9502 0650