What is Tool Assisted Sports Massage?
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization, commonly referred to as Tool Assisted Sports Massage, is a highly effective treatment for soft tissue injuries. Hand held tools, know as Myobars to release trigger points, myofascial adhesions and scar tissue.
These hand held tools allow our sports podiatrist to feel for any adhesions of soft tissue trigger points deep within the tissues of the lower limb and foot.
The Benefits of Tool Assisted Sports Massage
- Reduces localised and referred pain.
- Increased range of movement and tissue function.
- Increased tissue elasticity.
- Allows hydration of fascia, allowing it to glide and function properly.
- Enhances soft tissue healing and minimises recovery times.