At Well Heeled Podiatry we cater for all of your foot care needs. One of the treatments we provide in clinic is routine care of the toenails and skin on the feet.
Toenails are more complex than most people realise. Healthy toenails are pink, thin, free of markings and grooves. However, people of all ages can suffer a range of common problems, affecting their toenails, some of which may take up to 12 months to fully regrow if they become traumatised.
General foot care can include:
- Cracked Heels
- Ingrown Toenails
- Painful thickened or curved nails
- Plantar Warts
- Tinea and Fungal toenails
- Nail plate – the hard part of the nail itself.
- Nail Matrix – the area from which the nail grows.
- Lunula – the white, moon-shaped area at the base of the nail.
- Nail Bed – the tissue on which the nail plate lies.
- Nail Sulcus/Nail Groove – the groove down the side of the nail.