Online Podiatry Consultations
Speak to an Expert Podiatrist in the Comfort of Your Own Home
The World Health Organisation has declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic requiring a global coordinated effort. As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve, we anticipate an increase in the demand for online podiatry services to maintain your wellbeing whilst protecting you from the possible risk of infection through community transmission.
We will be increasing our scope of telehealth podiatry services to ensure we can meet this demand and continue to serve our community.
The health and wellbeing of you, our valued clients, and our team are our highest priority. If you would like to learn more about your options for online consultations with Well Heeled Podiatry you can contact us on (03) 9502 0650.
What are Online Podiatry Consultations?
Online consultations are an effective way to meet with an expert podiatrist from the comfort of your own home.
You may be surprised by just how effective online consultations can be. Recent research shows that online consultations are a viable alternative to face to face consultations for people who have musculoskeletal injuries or pain.
This means you can benefit from the same long-term outcomes for a wide range of conditions.
We understand that sessions via the internet may seem counterintuitive at first and there may be some issues we are unable to treat online. However, there is a common misconception that you need hands-on therapy from your podiatrist to feel better. We now have extensive research that shows that we can help you achieve results without putting a hand on you. We do this by giving you specific advice and providing you with self-care treatment plans that you can undertake in your own home.
How Can a Podiatrist Treat me Online?
We empathise that being in pain can be a confusing and frustrating experience. This is often made worse by all of the conflicting information on the internet, regarding your specific issue or injury.
Online podiatry consults will help to get you to understand your condition, get clarity on what is happening and how you can treat it, from the comfort of your own home.
- Discuss your goals (what is the outcome you are looking for).
- What’s wrong (the likely diagnosis) by asking you specific questions and undertaking specific functional tests and visual assessment.
- Why it is there (education of the root cause of your issue).
- Send you a request for any specific diagnostic imaging if necessary.
- Provide you with specific treatment advice and education related to your condition and home exercise program or self-care advice.
Online Podiatry Consults are Ideal for People Who:
- Are unable to attend the clinic location due to extenuating circumstances (COVID-19, self- isolation, social distancing, etc).
- Would like to save time, avoid dealing with the stress of travel, social interaction and have the convenience of expert healthcare in their own home.
- Have restrictions, such as injury or disability, which prevent them from traveling.
- Have been given a diagnosis, but would like an expert second opinion.
- Needing access to experienced podiatrists who may not be available in the area they live.
- Don’t like the physical touch involved with an in-person session.
What You Will Need to Do Prior to Your Online Podiatry Consultation?
- You will need to fill in a health screening form so that we can learn a bit about you and ensure your specific issue is suitable for an online consultation.
- Ensure you have a device for the telehealth podiatry consultation with good wifi access.
What Is Necessary for an Online Podiatry Consultation?
- A phone, computer, or tablet to conduct the consultation using Cliniko.
- You will be sent this link for all the details you need to know about accessing your online consultation.
- Good wifi coverage to allow a clear connection.
- A quiet place, with good lighting, free of distractions with enough room to perform some basic movements and exercise.
- Appropriate clothing that will not restrict movement.
What Conditions are Suitable for an Online Podiatry Consultation?
Please note this is not an exhaustive list and your suitability will be determined once your health screening form has been completed and sent to us.
- Heel pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles tendinitis
- Forefoot Pain
- Shin splints
- Ingrown or Fungal Toenails
- Sports Injuries
- Footwear Advice
- Daily diabetic foot care advice
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I claim private health or Medicare for my online podiatry consultation?
Unfortunately, at this current time, you can’t claim your online consults through your private health or Medicare. Your ability to claim for these services may change shortly and we will be sure to let you know if this is the case.
Can I use NDIS for online podiatry consults?
Yes, can use your NDIS funding. Please note we currently only have the capacity to work with self-managed and plan managed NDIS clients.
What does an online podiatry session cost?
An initial consultation is $90 for 45 minutes.
For existing patients, a 30-minute return consultation is $65 (a reduction from our usual costs of $78).
How do we communicate online?
Consultations are undertaken via cliniko, patients will be sent a link of how to access their online appointment using the device of their choice.
How do I pay for my online podiatry consultation?
Payments will be taken online in advance or over the phone should you prefer.