Often, finding the right work and casual shoes can be tricky, particularly if you are needing orthotic friendly footwear.
It’s always difficult to find shoes that look great and feel great, but what if you could really have both?
Here are some features that will ensure comfort and fit for your foot orthotics:
- A firm heel counter at the back of the shoe.
- A heel of no more than 3 cm to take the load off your calf and Achilles Tendon for everyday wear.
- A leather upper to help hold your foot in place and ensure the longevity of the shoe. Leather is breathable and is also flexible giving your foot some space to expand and breathe.
- Buckles, velcro or laces to secure your foot in place and stop you sliding on your orthotics.
- Some shoe brands will also have a removable insole which means that an orthotic will be able to fit comfortably in the shoe without making your toes feel squished.
- A wide toe box is important because an orthotic is moulded to the shape of your foot.
- Many casual shoes are shaped in a triangle or pointy shape, squishing your toes. This can lead to issues such as bunions, Morton’s Neuroma, ingrown toenails, etc. Therefore, finding a shoe that matches the same width as your forefoot will make your feet feel a lot more comfortable.
Casual and Work Orthotic Friendly Footwear Stores Near Bayside:
1098 High Street, Armadale, 3143
36 Manchester Lane, Melbourne, 3000
Ph: (03) 9509 5771
Stockist of Frankie4, Ziera, Naot
412 Hampton Street, Hampton, 3188
Ph: (03) 9533 4754
Frances Nolan Shoes
41 Church St, Brighton VIC 3186
Active feet (Sandringham)
56 Station St, Sandringham VIC 3191
Athletes Foot (Southland)
Shop 3074/1239 Nepean Hwy, Cheltenham VIC 3192
63 Church St, Brighton VIC 3186
Peter Sheppard Footwear
271 Collins St, Melbourne, 3000
Ph: (03) 9654 1179
Merchant Est. 1948
Southland Shopping Centre
1239 Nepean Highway, Cheltenham, 3192
Ph: (03) 9584 7207
Chadstone Shopping Centre
1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone, 3148
Ph: (03) 9584 7207
Gilmour’s Comfort Shoes
(For wider feet, complex foot deformities, and orthopaedic footwear)
1187 Glen Huntly Rd, Glen Huntly, 3163
Ph: (03) 9571 2233
Stanley Shoes: Customised Footwear & Alterations
285 Hampton Street, Hampton, 3188
Ph: (03) 9598 9061