Well Heeled Podiatry remains open and continues to provide essential foot care to our patients.
Hospitals and emergency departments are still higher-risk zones for COVID-19. If they can be avoided for something we can help you with, we encourage you to see us, to help reduce stress on the healthcare system.
We continue to make changes in the center, to protect the health and safety of our clients and ourselves.
What we are doing;
- Following our COIVD- safe plan.
- Taking temperature readings of all staff and patients on arrival.
- Following capacity guidelines for our centre.
- Minimising touch points for our patients.
- Designated spots on where to stand and sit in the reception area to ensure social distancing.
- All kids’ toys/drinking facilities/ magazines and community flyers have been removed for the time being.
- Reducing the need for use of pens by signing all Hicaps, Medicare, and credit card transactions with ‘covid19’.
- Encouraging card payments for contactless transactions.
- Thorough disinfecting of treatment rooms between clients, including the patient chair, all surfaces, door handles, and light switches (We use a hospital-grade disinfectant approved by the TGA for killing COVID-19 on surface areas).
- Hand sanitizer available at multiple locations in the centre for you to use.
- The use of protective equipment, such as masks and gloves.
- All instruments are sterilized onsite in commercial machines, according to association laws.
- Our heating/cooling system has regular filter cleans.
- Changes to practitioner schedules to allow less cross over of patients.
- Ensuring our team are fit and healthy for work, however, should they fall ill we have advised that it is best practice to rest at home. Our reception team will contact you to reschedule or rebook with another one of our team. We ask for your understanding and patience if this does occur.
What we need from you;
- Check in usiing our QR code located both outside and inside the building.
- Please wear a mask (unless you have a medical exemption- which we must sight and uplaod onto your file prior to treatment).
- Please reschedule your appointment with us if you are unwell, and take this time to rest and recover at home.
- That you make use of hand sanitizer or our hand washing facilities during your visit with us.
- If you are over the age of 70, immune-compromised or considered high risk (eg. diabetes, pre-existing heart, and lung conditions) that you alert us if you need any further precautions when you arrive.
- If you present to our clinic with a cold/flu, against our advice and that of our current state government, that we have been advised by our professional associations to refuse treatment in the best health interest of our practitioners and community.
- Ensure you are self-isolating for 2 weeks before visiting us if you have traveled overseas or hot spot areas.
Please keep well and we will continue to be here to assist you with your essential foot care needs.