Well Heeled Podiatry remains open and continues to provide preventative foot care to our patients, helping to reduce stress on the healthcare system.
Hospitals and emergency departments are high-risk zones for COVID-19. If they can be avoided for something we can help you with, we encourage you to see us during this time.
We can help you with the following urgent and high-risk podiatry services;
- Acute Foot and Ankle Injuries– sprain, strains, and fractures. We can assess and diagnose your injury, send you for bulk billing imaging, dispense crutches or moon boots and provide you with a rehabilitation program.
- Diabetes foot care and wound care services.
- Ingrown toenail management and surgery.
- Urgent home visits services for those in need (strict criteria apply).
We continue to make changes in the centre, to protect the health and safety of our clients and ourselves.
What we are doing;
- Minimising touchpoints for our patients.
- Our reception area has designated spots on where to stand and sit to ensure social distancing.
- All kids toys/drinking facilities/ magazines and community flyers have been removed for the time being.
- Reducing the need for use of pens by signing all hicaps/medicare and credit card transactions with ‘covid19’
- Only accepting card payments for contactless transactions.
- Thorough disinfecting of treatment rooms between clients, including the patient chair, all surfaces, door handles and light switches. (We use a hospital-grade disinfectant approved by the TGA for COVID-19).
- Hand sanitiser available at multiple locations in the centre for you to use.
- The use of protective equipment, such as masks and gloves.
- All tools used for practice are sterilised onsite in commercial machines according to association laws.
- Our heating/cooling system has regular filter cleans.
- Changes to practitioner schedules to allow less cross over of patients- if any.
- Ensuring our team are fit and healthy for work, however should they fall ill we have advised that it is best practice to rest at home. Our reception team will contact you to reschedule or rebook with another one of our team. We ask for your understanding and patience if this does occur.
What we need from you:
- If you have traveled overseas or interstate that you ensure you are self-isolating for 2 weeks before visiting us.
- If you are currently unwell that you please reschedule your appointment with us and take this time to rest and recover at home.
- If you are well and have a scheduled appointment that you make use of hand sanitizer or our hand washing facilities during your visit with us.
- If you are over the age of 70, immune-compromised or considered high risk (eg. diabetes, pre-existing heart and lung conditions that you consider your visit or alert us on what you may need when you arrive.
- If you present to our clinic with a cold/flu against our advice and that of our current state government that we have been advised by our professional associations to refuse treatment in the best health interest of our practitioners and community.
- Ensure that you have the correct cards for payment, unfortunately during this time, we can no longer take cash payments.
Please keep well and will continue to be here to help you as long as it safe to do so.